2019:VNF- BUR-3-001: Grocery Customer Service (11a-6p, inc. weekends)
Full Time/Part Time
11a-6p, inc. weekends
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Stocking, Special Orders and Customer Service
Identifies self as employee by being in VNF smock or other optional merchandise and nametag.
Stock displays fully without overcrowding; face items on shelves.
Rotate older stock to front making space for new stock and rotate overstock into storage.
Pull short-date or low-quality items, notify buyer, and place in write off box.
Label unscanned items accurately with price tags or signs.
Keep backstock areas in order.
Notify buyer of out-of-stocks.
Check deliveries to verify piece count, notify buyer of discrepancies.
Check for damage and unacceptable quality, notify buyer of problems and give to receiving for credit.
Help with unloading as needed and assist customers with special orders.
Participate in demos as necessary while ensuring food handling practices follow health department guidelines.
Qualifications of the Position:
Excellent time management and communication skills
Able to multi-task and remain flexible to the changing needs of the business
Regular, predictable attendance
Familiarity with MS Office and POS systems
Previous customer service experience
Familiarity with natural foods, grocery industry or cooperatives
Physical Demands of Position:
• Ability to lift/push/pull/carry up to 30 pounds frequently; 30-50+ pounds occasionally
• Manual dexterity with ability to reach, grasp and utilize hands, wrists, and fingers for extended periods of time
• General range visual acuity to evaluate and interact in working environment for extended periods of time
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Regular exposure to working in refrigerated and frozen environments
• Ability to climb ladders, kneel, crouch, and bend occasionally required
© 2011 Valley Natural Foods. All Rights Reserved.