2018:VNF- BUR-90-007: IT Systems Manager
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time Exempt (40+ hrs/wk)
Open, inc. emergency on-call
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Information Systems and Business Operations
• Learn and document existing systems of operations for all departments that involve, or could involve the use of technology, for efficiency and work experience. Work with Department managers and other appropriate stakeholders to identify and recommend areas for improvement in efficiency as discovered.
• Lead Scanning Specialist in ensuring established systems for data flow (e.g. – POS data, reporting data, etc.) are being adhered to.
• Prioritize receiving, scanning and IT work in-store working closely with Store Manager, CEO and other key stakeholders.
• Act as point person for all Point-of-Sale (POS) software, POS hardware and communications systems troubleshooting. Act as liaison with managed services company for all other technology systems.
• Work with CEO, Store Manager and other key stakeholders to negotiate IT managed services contracts and ensure terms of the contracts are met
• Scope of work to include, but not limited to:
o POS Software and hardware
o Department Scales
o Computers/Thin Clients
o Catalogue Software
o Maintain records of software renewals/updates
o Technological upgrades
o Company-wide communication for outages, service, interruptions etc.
• Ensure backups of critical data occur daily
• Create, maintain and catalogue the following, but not limited to:
o Architectural map of IT systems
o Schedule of Updates
o Managed services contracts
• Facilitate implementation of new technology initiatives.
• Regularly evaluate technology to ensure that VNF is competitive. Make recommendations for upgrades during the annual budgeting process. Reach out to other IT departments within the co-ops for expertise as needed.
• Ensure technological waste and recycling programs are being adhered to.
• Assist accounting and CEO in reporting and budgeting, including tracking owner dividends, store credits, and importing sales figures into budgeting software.
• Lead IMS Receiving staff in support of VNF vision
• Oversee IMS according to established receiving protocol, work with Merchandising team to develop new and update existing protocols
• Ensure ongoing evaluation of space and efficiency for backroom flow and coordination. Suggest solutions.
• Ensure accurate, efficient transfers of product to and from departments.
Information Management Systems
• Lead Scanning Staff in support of VNF vision
• Ensure PLU, new product and price change accuracy by promptly entering information into the IMS and add to purchase order as needed.
• Ensure quantities received in IMS are entered accurately and print out receiving report
• Review Purchase Orders checking for new product and/or new information on existing product; adjust as needed
• Generate shelf tags for new products, print shelf tags generated, and place in appropriate area on shelf
• Troubleshoot and solve product-scanning problems
• Ensure maintenance and integrity of all IMS information for highest level of accuracy
• Ensure VNF signage and branding standards (signage, accurate shelf tags, PLU’s, prices) are maintained.
• Create and route signs, as assigned.
• Ensure two-way communication with Accounting/Finance for purposes of returns, invoices etc.
Qualifications of the Position:
• 3-5+ years previous, progressive leadership experience.
• Strong technological aptitude and appropriate previous troubleshooting and computer experience in a business environment.
• Detail oriented and able to multi-task and remain flexible to the changing needs of the business.
• Excellent time management, organizational and communication (oral, aural, & written) skills.
• Demonstrated objectivity, neutrality, and calmness under pressure and timely follow-through to commitments
• Regular, predictable attendance with open availability, as well as able to respond to technological
emergencies on an on-call basis.
• Previous customer service experience with English proficiency.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Inventory Management and POS systems.
• 2 - 4 years professional, progressive experience in Information Technology.
• B.S. in Business, Information Technology or related field
• Previous experience leading and managing technology, loss prevention and security initiatives
• Familiarity with natural foods, grocery industry or cooperatives
• Previous experience working with and interpreting accounting and financial data.
• Familiarity with Software Management Suite (SMS) Point-of-Sale by Loc Software
Physical Demands of Position:
• Ability to lift/push/pull/carry up to 30 pounds frequently, 30-50+ pounds occasionally
• Manual dexterity with ability to grasp and perform repetitive motions with hands, wrists, and fingers for extended periods of time
• Close visual acuity to focus on and/or read data and words on a computer monitor for extended periods of time
• Ability to perform sedentary work for extended periods of time; standing and walking regularly required
• Ability to climb ladders, kneel, crouch, bend, and reach occasionally required
• Ability physically handle all products that Valley Natural Foods carries
© 2011 Valley Natural Foods. All Rights Reserved.