Global Expertise. Local Solutions. Sustainable Democracy.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.”
Already have a profile? Login Now Start Over with Job Search
Position: Strategic Communications Advisor (Bilingual Arabic and English required)
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
The International Foundation for Electoral System (IFES) was established in 1987 to provide technical support to election management bodies and other election stakeholders. IFES aims to deepen democracy by ensuring that election management bodies conduct free, fair, and credible elections.
IFES has provided technical electoral assistance to Iraqi authorities since 2003 on incorporating electoral processes into Iraq's post-conflict transition and establishing a legal and institutional framework for elections, including the creation of the Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq (IECI). IFES has since adopted an advisory role toward the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC), providing technical advice as requested by the IHEC on long-term strategic planning, institutional capacity building, and transfer of knowledge by improving and providing technical assistance to ensure the IHEC’s long-term viability. The current overall objective of IFES’s electoral assistance is to support the IHEC in planning and conducting credible elections and ensuring integrity of the electoral process. IFES’ Iraq Provincial Election Activity (IPEA) project provides technical and operational assistance to the IHEC, including strategic communications as it prepares for the upcoming provincial council elections scheduled for November 2019.
· An advanced university or college degree in democracy, governance, journalism, communications or related field.
· Minimum of ten years of experience with election administration and operations;
· Familiarity with political and media and gender issues in the MENA region;
· Experience in advising national electoral authorities on strategic communications;
· Ability to manage and develop strong local relationships;
· Strong analytical skills;
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to make independent decisions;
· Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English.
2011 Crystal Drive10th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202